Red Curry Coconut Veggie Stew
- 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 12-ouce culinary coconut milk (SoDelicious)
- 4 cups cut up veggies (your choice - broccoli, cauliflower, yam, butternut squash, shiitake..)
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- Herbamare to taste
- 1 cup thinly sliced raw veggies (carrots, red bell pepper, tomatoes)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
In a soup pot, sauté onions, garlic and ginger in coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add curry paste and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, vegetables and chickpeas, stir well. Add water (about one inch above the veggies). Season with Herbamare and bring to simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Turn the soup off and add raw veggies and cilantro, stir well.
- Serve piping hot.
Serve over cooked quinoa or rice.