Curry Red Lentil Soup
2 cups red lentils, soaked in water for 3 - 4 hours, rinsed
2 tablespoons olive
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tablespoon curry powder
Herbamare, Celtic sea salt, black pepper to taste
4 cups vegetables, diced (your choice of celery, carrots, butternut squash, yam, potatoes …..)
Water or broth
Red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a soup pot, heat oil on medium heat. Add garlic and curry powder and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add lentils and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Season with Herbamare, celtic sea salt and black pepper.
- Add vegetables and cover with water or broth. Bring to a boil. Turn to simmer and cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with red pepper flakes before serving.