Cream of Asparagus Soup
2 tablespoons butter or avocado oil
1 onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 bundle asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
4 red potatoes, peeled and diced
6 stalks celery, diced
1 teaspoon Herbamare
1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
Water or broth
Celtic sea salt and black pepper to taste
Crushed red pepper flakes to taste, optional
- Melt butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus, potatoes, celery and season with Herbamare and thyme, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Cover with water and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Carefully transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Season with Celtic sea salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowls and sprinkle with pepper flakes.