Kabocha Squash Soup
1 tablespoon butter or ghee or olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 kabocha squash, peeled and seeded, cut into chunks
1 yam, peeled and diced
2 potatoes, peeled and diced
4 stalks celery, diced
1 teaspoon Herbamare
Broth or water (I use water)
Celtic sea salt and black pepper to taste
Crushed red pepper flakes to taste, optional
- Melt butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add kabocha squash, yam, potatoes, celery and season with Herbamare, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Cover with broth or water and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Carefully transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Season with Celtic sea salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowls and sprinkle with pepper flakes.